Dear Patients and Families,
Please review the following check-in process, which will allow us to work while supporting the redesigned requirements and recommendations established to protect our patients and team.
If you have had a fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or two of the following symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, we will happily reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to allow adequate time for check-in.
- Upon arrival at the parking lot please remain in your vehicle and call the office at 303-933-8282 to announce your arrival. At that time, an administrative team member will complete a COVID-19 Health Questionnaire (or COVID-19 Health Screening) , and will inform you of when to proceed to the office.
- When you make your way to the office, please be sure to stop at the restroom located to the right of our office and wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds.
- You will then be greeted by a team member prior to entering the office to have your temperature taken. In the event your temperature is higher than 100.4°F, we will reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- We kindly ask that you wear a mask (level 1 equivalent or higher) to your appointment, if you do not have one or forgot it we will gladly provide one. Your mask must be worn appropriately (over the nose and mouth, tucked under chin) prior to entry. Please note that loose fitting bandanas, neck gaiters, face shields (alone), mesh/ fishnet, and masks with exhalation valves or vents are not acceptable masks for our office.
- We ask that patients come alone to their appointments, however in the event where an accompanying parent/ guardian/ caretaker may be required, our reception area will be available (social distancing measures will be imposed). The same check-in protocol will be implemented to all personnel entering the office.
The safety and health of our patients, team and community is our highest priority! We thank you for your trust in us and greatly appreciate your compliance, patience and understanding through this time. Together we will all get through this.
Protocol may change over time and we will do our best to communicate such changes.
Dr. Daniel Esposito and Implant and Oral Surgery Center Team